Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Must See Movie

Yesterday was my wife's birthday so last night we went to see "The Butler."  We both loved the movie and were deeply moved throughout.  It was amazing to feel the sweep of history over the years we have lived.  For me it was one of the finest movies I've ever seen.  So I'm recommending it as a "must see" for all who read this blog.

It was a moving day yesterday as I started the day reading Dr. Kings speech from 1963.  Before the day was over I had listened to it in its entirety several times and heard some of the speakers from the Mall in Washington.  Then to see this movie brought it all together.  As I noted in yesterday's blog, I am humbled.  We have a lot to answer for in this country for how we have treated others and I think what stands out to me is how insensitive so many are to how deeply this is still being felt.  You cannot wipe this long history of racism and oppression under the rug. We have a long long way to go.

May God bless my brothers and sisters of every race, color and persuasion.  We are one human family.

No comments:

Post a Comment