Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Worth Reading!


President Carter just released his new book and I went right out and bought a copy the next day.  The book is important because anything that addresses issues of discrimination should be important to those of us in the church.  Doing our best to end discrimination of any sort is part of what it means to me to follow the way of Jesus.

This book focuses on issues critical to girls and women in terms of inequality.  I found this an easy read.  I read it off and on in two days. This is especially helpful if you have little knowledge of the issues or think that this is no longer an issue.  It will help open your eyes.  This issue really matters!

I really appreciate President Carter because I consider him an exemplary Christian who has always maintained the courage of his faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment